Saturday, October 24, 2009
29. I just got new glasses a few days ago!!! I had been putting up with broken glasses with the wrong prescription for a few years now : (
28. I am already thinking about what Bob and I are going to be for Halloween next year!!!
27. I could watch the Food Network channel almost all day. I have to avoid Paula Deen tho! I can't deal with her voice...
26. The only side of a camera that I am comfortable being on is the back! I avoid pictures as much as possible!
Friday, October 16, 2009
Yesterday marked two years (yikes!) of dating and pretty much three years unofficial dating. People say I was in denial for the first year. Because we were hanging out, but not officially dating. I had commitment issues, lol.
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
2 tbsp veg stock
1 small onion
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tbsp tomato paste
6 ripe tomatoes, skinned and chopped
4 tbsp cooked brown rice
1/4 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1 tbsp chopped fresh mint
1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
1/4 ground cinnamon
juice of 1 lemon
1) preheat oven to 350
**If stuffing eggplants or zucchini, trim the stems, then halve lengthwise. use a teaspoon to hollow out each half, leaving a shell about 1/2 in thick. Chop the scooped-out flesh (to use in mixture if desired). Steam the shells over boiling water for about 4 minutes, then hold under cold water to stop further cooking and dry with paper towels. Mist the insides with oil-and-water spray.
**If stuffing bell peppers, slice off the tops (put to one side), then scoop out and discard the seeds.
**If stuffing tomatoes, slice off the tops (put to one side), then scoop out the seeds and flesh and add the flesh to rice mixture in step two.
2) Heat the stock in a skillet, then add the onions and garlic and saute, stirring, until translucent. Stir in the tomato paste, tomatoes, chopped eggplants or zucchini flesh (if using), cooked rice, pine nuts, herbs, and cinnamon and continue cooking for a couple of minutes.
3) Stir in the lemon juice and season with black pepper.
4) Lightly mist a baking dish with oil-and-water spray. Stuff the vegetables with the rice mixture and put the lids back on the peppers or tomatoes. Bake for about 20 minutes.
*As usual, we didn't really follow the recipe...we used way less tomatoes, a little less garlic, a lot more brown rice, no pine nuts and no cinnamon. We used what we already had in the house or left out what we didn't like. It was still delicious tho! We also decided we were going to use even more rice next time we make them : ) So play with the recipe to make it your own!*
Monday, October 12, 2009
A simple coat of white paint on the outsides of the letters and...
*poof* easier to read : )
Now I just need to get more decorations for the house! I thought I had all kinds of Halloween decorations (It is my favorite holiday! Mostly for the dressing up and going out part tho, haha) but apparently not! : (
Friday, October 9, 2009
Sunday, October 4, 2009
25. Since June of last year I have had FOUR cell phones. Three of the same kind and now an iPhone. The LG Vu that I had kept crapping out on me. Bob was sweet enough to buy a new iPhone and give me his old one a few days ago...he was looking for an excuse to buy the new iPhone and my phone being dumb was the perfect excuse! Haha.
24. I stuffed myself for dinner yesterday with two grilled cheese sandwiches and and half a can tomato soup! Too much food, but SO delicious!
23. I haven't updated my blog in FOREVER out of pure laziness : (
22. It is 4am and I am awake because I was too busy messing with my iPhone to fall back asleep...I think I might have a problem : /
21. I went to college for many years without a goal...once I finally picked a goal I ended up getting suspended due to bad grades : ( Two jobs + Respiratory Therapy classes = not a good idea for me I guess. Now, I don't have a clue what I want to go back to school for! Ugh.