Wednesday, June 8, 2011

MIA...

I've been MIA for a long time now...wow, almost all of April and ALL of May! Sadly, I have no excuse...I have just been doing the same old thing. Just working and doing things around the house --okay, sort of doing things around the house.

A few weeks ago I made a big purchase, well, to me it was a big purchase. I don't know about you, but I have a hard time spending a lot of money on myself all at once. $20 here and $15 there is one thing, but for me to go out and spend $300 on myself at once is crazy!

Anywho, I bought myself the most amazing thing ever...


a NookColor!!! 
I love, love, love it!!! 

Since I bought it just over two weeks ago, I have read 6 books...and I'm currently in the middle of reading two more! It is so great! I never even turn the tv on at home anymore. The only time the tv comes on when I'm home, is if my tv addict of a boyfriend is home too : )

Two books that I would suggest to everyone would be:
Homer's Odyssey: A fearless Feline Tale, or How I Learned About Love and Life with a Blind Wonder Cat.

and

Dewey: The Small-Town Library Cat Who touched the World

...I know, I know, it appears that I am just some crazy cat lady (not saying I'm not just a little), but they really are good books! It is just amazing how animals can touch the hearts of millions and probably not even realize it.

1 comment:

Ms Sparrow said...

I read Dewey but hadn't heard about the other book. I watch TV a lot more than I read. I'm especially fond of documentaries. One thing about TV, you have to take a break every 10 to 20 minutes (commercial-type)whether you want to or not.
Enjoy your Nook!