Thursday, March 18, 2010

Foaming Soap Answers

I have had a few people ask me questions about my foaming soap. I wrote about it in December, you can see it here.

The first question was asking where we got the foamer bottles...

I actually ended up buying foaming soap from the store, poured the soap out (into a container for us to use later) and replaced it with ours. However, there are many websites online where one can buy foamer bottles, such as this one.

The second question was asking what oils are in Thieves Oil...

You can actually buy premade Thieves Oil, but it gets a little spendy. Websites like this one have it. Otherwise, you can make your own like I choose to!

These are the ingredients:
Clove† (Syzygium aromaticum)
lemon† (Citrus limon)
cinnamon† (Cinnamomum verum)
Eucalyptus radiata†
rosemary† (Rosmarinus officinalis)

Mix equal parts into a glass bottle and add to soap. It can also be mixed with a carrier oil, such as jojoba oil or almond oil, in a spray bottle and be used and antibacterial hand spray.

The last question was asking where I purchased the soap online...

This is where I purchased the soap I used this time. I think the next time I will try Dr. Bronner's Castile soap. The one I used this last time was a little too picky for me and some of the soap separated. I think I could use less of the soap and more water with Dr. Bronner's.

I hope this helps answer your questions!
If you have any more questions, just let me know!

2 comments:

Lia said...

I have never made soap before and you make it sound so easy. Not sure that I would have even known where to start, but you have given a very good account.

Thanks for your comments on my blog, I don't mean to be selfish but time is short and really there are only a few people that I truly love to follow who like you pop in and out of my blog. I would far rather spend my time on people like you than some of the others.

much love
Lia
xx

Ms Sparrow said...

Wow, you're very resourceful!