Thursday, November 18, 2010

That project...

You know which one I'm talking about.
The one you are all excited about, you buy it and then...
it just sits there.
Forever.
Nothing gets done.


Yep, this is that project.

I found this cute little hutch on Craigslist for $50.
I asked my aunt if she could pick it up and bring it up with her next time she came up to visit.
(It was in the area she lives in, which is 3 hours from me.)
Her husband was kind enough to pick it up and throw it in his truck the next time they came up.

After it was dropped off at my parents house, it just sat there.
And sat there.
And sat there.
And sat there.

It has about 25 layers of paint that need to come off before it can be turned into anything pretty.
Now, the weather is too cold to work on it outside and my apartment isn't big enough to work on it inside. Since it was in my parents' garage I decided I had better take it home as is because my mom will soon need to be parking in there (thank you snow, ugh.)

Even though it's not pretty I figured I should use it rather than having it sitting there just taking up space. I definitely need the storage since my craft "room" is our dining room, haha.
Looking at it now makes me even more excited for spring so I can get to work on it and make it beautiful!

1 comment:

Claire Mercado-Obias said...

Just wanted to thank you for all your lovely comments on my blog! This is a wonderful piece and I love how it can hold so many things! It's pretty in this color but I can't wait how you'll transform it. Happy crafting! :)