Friday, May 22, 2009

Volcanic sink...

I've been having some issues with my kitchen sink being clogged...I needed to unclog it without using harmful chemicals. I tried the baking soda and vinegar trick! My sink turned into the childhood volcano science projoect! It was fun to watch and the sink made some interesting strange noises.

It worked really well on the right sink; however the left sink must be clogged up big time because it is still really slow. I ended up using a lot more vinegar than this 'recipe' called for because of the really clogged left sink...and to be honest it was fun watching the bubbles come up from the pipe.

The 'recipe' was 1 cup baking soda and 1 cup vinegar then hot water. Simply, or not so simply in my case, pour the baking soda down the sink, then follow with vinegar. Allow the volcano to errupt until complete then rinse the drain with hot water.


I would suggest you try this method before you use harsh chemicals! Not only is it eco-friendly, but it's fun to watch! It's also a lot safer for the user and are probably items that you already have in your cupboards! : )

No comments: