Friday, July 30, 2010

Help! *updated*

*I found a few places to check stuff out.
Got ahold of someone and got some advice : )*

I need some help...

I need to figure out where the best place or any place I would find Minnesota rental laws, tenant rights, laws for landlords, etc.

We have had some issues without our landlord before, but today was the last straw...

They are trying to sell the duplex we live in, so they have showings of it once and a while.
Makes sense.
Fine and dandy.
Except when those showings are unannounced.
I'm in bed.
In nothing but my underwear.
(Sorry, not a pretty picture to put in your head, but it's what makes the story.)
And the realtor walks into my bedroom!!!

She simply walks out.
Doesn't even shut my door all the way!
Continues to show the rest of the apartment!

Leaving me to fumble to put my glasses on...trying to figure out what the heck just happened!
I get my glasses on, get a little less groggy and call Bob, because by now they're out of the house.
Bob is PISSED.
He calls the landlord and the landlord says "Sorry, I thought I told you about this showing"
NO, YOU DIDN'T! DO YOU THINK I WOULD HAVE STAYED IN BED NAKED IF I HAD KNOWN SOMEONE WAS GOING TO WALK IN ON ME?!

So, anyways. If anyone knows where I could find out what our options are on this one that would be AMAZING! Simply AMAZING!

Thank you!

(ps...sorry if this doesn't make sense. This just happened a few minutes ago and I'm still pretty frustrated and angry typing right now!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://www.lawhelpmn.org/documents/clusters/mn/285/English/tenantsrights.shtml

or go to the MN Attorney General's website.